Tuesday, April 10, 2007

4th month = 4th illness

I am sick ... again. I'm not surprised, but I really don't know how I get sick so often. I had a really relaxing weekend in which basically all I did was sleep and work on my thesis. You would think for someone who eats well, exercises daily, and gets plenty of sleep would not get sick, right?

Well, my immune system hates me. It's always been bad. I had the worst ear infections when I was a kid and I just happened to be allergic to everything... seriously, every food could potentially make me sick. I was allergic to milk so for 9 years I didn't have pizza or chocolate or ice cream. I was also slightly allergic to eggs, apples, oranges, wheat, mold, dust, etc. I had non-dairy dairy creamer as a milk subsitute for cereal, and for school birthdays, my mom always gave the teachers sugar candy to give to me because I couldn't have the chocolate and cake.

So that was the start of it all. I've always gotten bad sinus/lung infections because of my asthma, but seriously, this semester has been insane! In January I came down with something weird in Oklahoma where I lost my voice and hurt my throat. February I didn't eat for a whole week because my stomach would tighten up every time I did and not absorb anything and ... well, you know what happens after that. Beginning of March I came down with a super bad case of bronchitis. I was in bed for 3 days straight with a 104 degree temperature. Bronchitis coughs take forever to get rid of!! -- mine took 4-5 weeks.

Which brings us to April... the 4th month = the 4th illness. I won't go into details of my current illness, but I ended up spending 3 hours with I.V.'s in my arm today and I haven't been able to eat anything for about 2 days. Which means my body is completely drained. I have no energy... yet still I keep losing fluids. Which makes life suck at the moment. But hey, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off, right?

I'm spending my days in bed, being a bum, watching a lot of tv, sleeping a lot, trying to do a little work...but school is almost over so there's not much to do. I guess I should be thankful that I'm currently not in the hospital over night but evidently if I'm not better by tomorrow evening I have to go back.

However, life isn't all that bad. I do have a job. I'm apartment hunting and should be getting a pretty sweet loft in downtown Omaha bythe river. I get to see my parents twice... TWICE! in May which is usually the number of times I see them in a year. I've made some super fun new friends this year and some of my bestest friends have come up to visit. :) Guess ya always gotta try to look on the brightside of things.

Oh, and does anybody know that song that goes "chicken noodle soup, chicken noodle soup, chicken noodle soup with a soda on the side"? It's a rap song I heard on the radio last week... hilarious! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You can have a VIP signed bound book copy no problem. By the way, my immune system is almost as bad as yours. But the problem is Penn State. PSU is just a huge peatry dish for every infection in the world.