Sunday, March 18, 2007

No Green Snow ...

Well, spring break is officially over. My spring break was awesome! I thought having to spend half of it in spring break would be miserable but it turned out to be a good time... from Philly to Omaha to getting a job to 60 mile bike rides in 65 degree weather to watching the awesome movie Spellbound with some friends and even being locked out of my apartment twice. lol This weekend sucked, though. Actually it started Friday when I was snowed in my apartment. For some reason State College hadn't started plowing the roads so I was basically stuck... so, I spent the day riding the trainer and decorating our apartment so that it looked like spring (i.e. we still had Christmas decorations up).

Saturday was going to be great ... it was St. Patty's Day! However, my body decided only to let me sleep until 7am ... I have no idea why. I'm used to starting my weekends around noon, but because of my early awakening, I had biked 2 hours, swam an hour, and had all errands done by noon. I'm not very good with having extra time on my hands ... I can't sit still and like to be doing something at all times. So, I decided to use my buy one get one free Dairy Queen blizzard. I searched all over North Atherton looking for DQ because that's where I thought it was ... only to discover that they had shut down. So sad. I love ice cream. DQ should know this by now.

I kind of went out for St. Patty's day ... but not really. I lasted about 30 minutes at Pickle's before I walked back home (just long enough for my entire aura to smell like smoke) ... just wasn't feeling it.

Today I slept in until noon... excellent. Went swimming. Excellent. Didn't feel like riding my bike at all so I took 2 long walks. Luckily on my 1st walk I ran into Joe and Dana at Qdoba... they saved my day! I had been so bored and really just wanted to get outside and see people. Yay for Joe and Dana! Those two are always a fun couple to be around.

So my weekend started off with snow that wasn't green, no green blizzard, no green burritos (I had really wanted to go to Mad Mex), and not much fun. However ... it DID end on a good note when I discovered that Taco Bell has some awesome "zesty nachos" for only $1.05 (including tax).

Yeah ... zesty nachos make me smile. :)

No comments: