Wednesday, March 14, 2007

First Post

Hey everyone! So, I decided to start my own blogger thinger because so much is going on in my life and I figure everyone should know about it. ha. Actually, I figure this will be a good way to keep all my friends posted on my post-college-life.

Unfortunately, I only have 2 more precious months here at wonderful Penn State. I'll definitely miss this place. Some days I get a bit tired of the college scene ... but I think that's mostly because I just miss all my friends that I started college with. That's what being a 5th year does to ya.

I've been job searching like crazy this semester. My main problem is trying to figure out exactly WHERE I want to live. I love it here in Pennsylvania... the scenery is amazing... but I'm also wanting to venture into a new part of the United States. The northeast is awesome and everything you would ever wanna do is within a day's drive. However, most big food science companies are located in New Jersey. Sorry, folks, not a huge fan of the place. I'm not a big city girl so living so close to NYC probably wouldn't be the best idea. I love going into cities, but the countryside has to be nearby as well. That's what I love about State College. It's a city, in the middle of nowhere, with stuff to do, but the countryside is so close as well = Excellent. So, I had a spur of the moment idea that I want to live in Minneapolis, MN. General Mills is located there and I hear it's an AWESOME (but cold. lol) city to live in. Unfortunately, General Mills doesn't have any available positions for me... boo.

So, last week I went to the spring career fair at the Bryce Jordan Center. I talked to a couple of companies. Most of the companies weren't looking for food scientists, but were looking for engineers and business people. However,
ConAgra wanted some food scientists. They asked me to come in the next morning for an interview and before I knew it they were flying me out to Omaha. Everything was VERY last minute and the trip went by soo fast! I got into my hotel around 11pm Monday and was on my plane back to PSU at 3:30pm Tuesday. Yes, VERY quick trip as well. I'll have to do another post about Omaha itself, but to make a long story short...

I GOT THE JOB!

I don't know if I'll be taking it as I don't have all of the details yet; however, I do know that I would be working in the dairy section. I could possibly be making your future Egg Beaters, Swiss Miss hot chocolate, Reddi-Whip, or Snack Pac puddings! Crazy, eh?

So, that's the big news of the moment. It's exciting and I'm relieved to finally have my gateway to the "real world." :)

Smile ... cuz I am!

No comments: