Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Follow your heart or mind.

I've been thinking a lot lately, which for me is usually never a good thing. Therefore, I've been trying to occupy my mind with listening to hours on end of music each night and working on my new rug. My hand is killing me from working on it so much, but it's going to look really nice when it's completed.

The past week has just been hard for me and I don't always deal with it in the best ways. But, the past 2 days have been a lot better. Sometimes I just get into these moods where I don't know what I'm doing with my life and if I'm doing any good at all. It's frustrating. We never know if we're doing the 'right' thing, so I guess we just have to follow our heart. My friend Tracey was telling me about this book where it talks about listening to your heart, otherwise your heart will become restless and stop talking to you if you don't take the time to listen to it. I think I have trouble with this at times because my mind is telling me one thing and my heart/soul is leading me elsewhere -- inner turmoil at its finest.

Anyways, I found a good friend quote today ...
"A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that the gentlest of hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away."- Arabian Proverb

Trying to sleep...
Sarah

No comments: