Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Is it spring yet?

Today on my walk to work the windchill was -25 degrees. Yes, negative with an actual temp of like -5. This means it's cold outside. I want some warm weather and am anxiously awaiting for March to get here. I also am super excited to get spring storms again ... yay for Tornado Alley! I miss all the lightning shows in the sky! :)

Life has been GOOD lately and I'm super excited for a lot of things coming up! My parents are getting here Friday for a short visit. My Dad and I are doing the Trek up the Tower (see a couple posts ago ...). I've been sick for the past week with a lot of congestion but it's clearing up and I want it to be a fair race between my Dad and I. It's gonna be pretty cool ... and my asthma is gonna be suffering. ha. We're also taking my Mom out for a birthday dinner at a yet to be determined super nice restaurant downtown and then going to Phantom of the Opera!

After that it'll be a week away from being March. In March I plan on running again. Slowly getting back into it. It will give me 3 months to get into running shape for the Pigman Tri in Iowa on June 1st. It will be my first triathlon in 3 years!!! I want to win it and am hoping I can train smart enough to do that. But I'm also trying not to have too high of an expectation for myself. ha.

Jen and I are going to Penn State for Blue & White weekend in mid-April. Absolutely THRILLED to be going back and seeing a ton of my friends from college. Penn State is beautiful as well and I miss those mountains!! I don't think I'll be able to ride while I'm there which is a bummer ... but maybe. :) After that trip, I'll still have 6.5 days of vacation left that I'll need to use up by June 1st. Haven't figured out if I want to go on a lil trip or just visit my parents in Oklahoma.

Guess I haven't updated in awhile... I'll do better! :)
Smile,
Sarah

No comments: