Friday, January 4, 2008

2008 - smiles and hernias

The past week has been amazing in so many ways and so I hate it when I let one little thing creep in and let the happiness drift away. I'm a big thinker in "tomorrow is a new day" which is nice because each day I get to wake up and try to correct what went wrong or try things from a different perspective... but anyways ... can't go into detail about that one.

New Year's Eve was one of the most fun ever. I came back to Omaha and barely caught the downtown fireworks which were pretty amazing! Even though the windchill was sub-zero. :) Then I met up with Jen and some friends. We played some games which put a lot of laughing in my system. I was debating whether or not I should come back for NYE, but I'm glad I did. Then I had a surprise visitor from downtown at 3am... it was a pretty humorous time and made 2008 start off pretty well. Ha.

I had been having some stomach problems for about a week, though, and finally mustard up the nerve to go to the doctor on Thursday. I feel absolutely fine except throughout the day my pain in my left side of my abs just gets worse. The docs couldn't figure it out and I took a bunch of tests -- blood, urinalysis, etc -- to try to get a glimpse of what was going on, but all of those came out normal.

So today I had to go in for an ultrasound at the hospital so they could look at my insides. Unfortunately the person doing the ultrasound isn't authorized to tell me anything in regards to what she fines. After the ultrasound I was finally able to relieve myself --- thank goodness! (They make you drink 48oz of water and not use the bathroom for 2 hours before so all your insides are extended ... and of course my bladder has to be the size of a peanut. lol) Anyways, they make sure the pictures they took from the ultrasound get sent to the radiologist and the radiologist will send the results off to my doctor who will finally contact me with any news. A lot of people are thinking it's a hernia because I feel fine but I have a lot of pain (which comes and goes depending on when I've eaten and what I'm doing). But then again I'm in an exstrenuous amount of pain, either. However, I'm glad to say that I don't think it's anything too serious as they probably wouldn't have done something immediately about it. I'll just be happy when I have the results and can maybe put a name to what has been bugging me for over a week now.

Well, I guess it's time for some shut-eye. I had wanted to hang out with some friends tonight but half of them had plans and half I couldn't get ahold of. Oh well, at least I'll get to bed at a decent time.

Saying my prayers,
Sarah

No comments: